If you are about to move house, then of course a lot has to be arranged, converting addresses, electricity, water, packing boxes .. and with a bit of luck there is a (half renovation) to the new home. The last thing you want to do is also free up time to find out what needs to be done with your (online) company that is registered at your private address.
With this a checklist so you can tick off all tasks one by one and you can use all the extra time by scrolling on Pinterest to find your perfect interior ????
CHECKLIST MOVEMENT WITH (ONLINE) COMPANY:
Tax authorities. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. As soon as you change your address details at the Municipality (this is what you have to do to change your private address), the Tax Authorities automatically take over these details so you don’t have to do anything!
- Chamber of Commerce. You are also required to update your Chamber of Commerce registration. Do this only AFTER you have been to the municipality to prevent the Chamber of Commerce from asking for proof of your move.
You can find more info here and the form for your address change.
- Invoice data / Accounting. You are required to display the correct address on your invoices, So make sure you adjust this on time.
- Website: Also don’t forget to change your contact details on your website and social media.
- Bank: Fortunately, nowadays you can easily change your address via internet banking.
- Internet Provider: Of course you also need a good internet connection at your new address. Do not assume that your current provider is also the best option for your new address. For example, I am a big fan of KPN’s internet services, but unfortunately I had to say goodbye to my last move because they were unable to provide a good connection. Here you can test which speeds can be achieved at your address.
- Other suppliers / Other. Go through your list of suppliers briefly and see for which ones are necessary that an address change needs to take place as soon as possible. For example if they deliver goods or products that are tied to your address.
Also consider your insurance policies! With all other suppliers who deliver products or services online there is less urgency when adjusting invoices.
You can do this easily on a Sunday afternoon or as soon as you receive the next invoice from them. (This does not apply if you move abroad, then completely different rules apply!)
Good luck with moving!